Values & Priorities
Our core values create the culture in which we seek to work out our core purposes
1. We value people. God’s supreme passion is people. This being so, any endeavour that bears His name must value and love people. We are careful at Gateway to ensure that people never become ‘the means to the end.’
2. We value authenticity – We value an atmosphere in which people can be honest and real.
3. We value integrity – we seek to function and communicate with truth and simplicity.
4. We value vulnerability – we are all on a journey. There are no ‘experts’ here. The only reason any of us are here is the grace of God. We are honest about that
Our core priorities are:
1. We want people who are a part of Gateway to develop and deepen a personal relationship with God.
2. We want people who are a part of Gateway to be convinced of the value of, and who are developing in, a life of responsive praise and worship of God.
3. We want people who are a part of Gateway to be people who are growing in their knowledge of, and in obedience to, the Word of God, the Bible.
4. We want people who are a part of Gateway to be people who are growing in their ability to recognise and respond to the person and ministry of the Holy Spirit.
5. We want people who are a part of Gateway to be people who are on a journey of identifying, receiving training and using the spiritual gifts that God has given them so that He is glorified and His Kingdom extended.