Traffic Light System | How we're gathering
Kia ora whānau!
New Zealand has moved to the Covid Protection Framework (otherwise known as the Traffic Light System) and Hamilton is currently at the Orange setting. Below we have set out what gathering and events will look like at each setting.
As long as the traffic light system is in place, we will be using 2 key phrases here at Gateway to describe our various gatherings and events.
When we use the word “Certified”, we are referring to a gathering or event that requires everyone who is 12 years, 3 months and older to produce a vaccine pass in order to attend.
When we use the word “Open” we are referring to a gathering or event that is open to both vaccinated and unvaccinated members of our community. This means you won’t need to present a vaccine pass in order to attend, however, registrations will be required as there are limits on the amount of people who are able to attend -- this limit will change depending on which setting we’re at.
If Hamilton is at the Red setting, here’s what it will look like at Gateway...
- There will be no "Open" gatherings or events.
- There will be "Certified" Sunday gatherings at 9am, 11am & 6:30pm.
You will need to register in advance as they’ll be capped at 100 people each.
- Kids programmes will be running at both the 9am & 11am "Certified" gatherings.
Children are included in our cap of 100 people.
- There will be a full Church Online offering available & we’ll keep you updated as our weekly scheduled events go online.
If Hamilton is at the Orange setting, here’s what it will look like at Gateway...
- There will be a "Certified" Sunday gatherings at 10am & 6:30pm.
Kids programmes will be running at the 10am gathering.
There is no limit on attendance.
- There will be an "Open" Sunday gathering 3pm.
You will need to register in advance as they’ll be capped at 50 people each.
- There will be a full Church Online offering available.
- Events & other ministries that happen in our building throughout the week that can take place with 50 people or less, will be run as ‘Open’ events.
If Hamilton is at the Green setting, here’s what it will look like at Gateway...
- How we gather both on a Sunday and at events during the week, will be exactly the same as it is at the Orange setting except that our "Open" gatherings and events have their limit increased to 100 people.
Frequently Asked Questions...
Here is where you'll find the latest information and what it means for our community.
Updated: 2 December 2021
What is My Vaccine Pass?
My Vaccine Pass is the official Ministry of Health system that records your COVID-19 vaccination status. You can read more about it here.
How will Gateway record that I have a My Vaccine Pass?
Just show us your My Vaccine Pass each time you attend a "Certified" gathering or event, we’ll scan you in and then you’ll be good to go.
How do you do contact tracing?
We have COVID-19 QR Codes displayed at each entrance of the building and at various locations throughout the building for you to scan in using official COVID-19 tracer app. We also have manual sign in available. This scanning is used to assist the Ministry of Health with contact tracing.
What if I don’t want to be vaccinated, can I still attend gatherings at Gateway?
If you do not wish to be vaccinated against COVID-19, you are still able to attend all "Open" gatherings and events that take place here at Gateway. You will likely need to register beforehand as there will be certain caps on attendance depending on the setting.
What information will Gateway hold about My Vaccine Pass?
What hygiene etiquette does everyone have to follow?
We ask that everyone takes responsibility for their personal hygiene and also respect the space of others. In general this means washing / sanitising hands, covering coughs and sneezes, bringing your own water bottle and not sharing or touching anything that you don’t have to.
Do I have to wear a face covering?
We encourage you to wear a face covering particularly at the Red and Orange settings.